We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which Fort William hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging

My husband and I are looking forward to our stop at Fort William on the way to Skye. We were going to wing it lodging wise but after reading several posts it sounds as if the second week of July could be busy. Any recomendations for a B&B or small inn?

Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

Just an add on to the last post. What about Spean Bridge? We're not going to climb any mountains but which is a better place to be? Spean Bridge has alot more places to stay on the undiscoveredscotland. web site. Thanks!

Spean Bridge...
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Hello

I would recommend you book otherwise you might be left with the poorer accomodation providers.

To help you choose why not read through the reviews from guests on this site. Note that the descriptions on the Undiscovered Scotland website have been written by the owners of the hotel etc.

As regards location Spean Bridge is a village whilst Fort William is a much larger town so if you prefer things a little quieter then the village might be the best option. There are only ten miles between the two locations.

There are many good quality eating places in the Spean area such as Russells Bistro, Old Pines Hotel, Glen Spean Lodge although having a car will help to get to some of them.

Toronto
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

It may seem like a long time ago BUT we stayed in a delightful B&B called Lawriestone in 1999. My recollection is that this renovated Victorian house fronted a delightful Loch and was a very short walk to a plethora of good eating spots. We ate at Mactavishes' kitchen and enjoyed a ceileh.

My wife keeps a diary and I see that her entry identifies Lawriestone as the nicest accomodation (since Leny House near Calendar). I feel confident that this is a B&B worth checking out on the internet.

Good luck.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging

I have posted the website below for a guesthouse we stayed at in

2005; it was clean, friendly, reasonably priced and had a great breakfast. I would stay there again.

Have a great trip, I am envious!

TripGal

http://www.gowanbrae.co.uk/

5. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 02, 2009