We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

people don't seem to love Inverness

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
people don't seem to love Inverness

We (family of 6, kids mid-teens) are planning to spend a night in Inverness between whisky country and Loch Ness. But reviews of things to do and places to stay seem tepid at best. We want to go to Macbeth sites and do some shopping. Better off in Elgin? Any ideas?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: people don't seem to love Inverness

inverness is mint!! i have spent many a good night on the lash up there when i was long distance..friendly salt of the earth people my favorite bar was the eagle.................... oh happy memories!!!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: people don't seem to love Inverness

Hi

Ideas for shopping:

If you like cashmere (and woolens), Johnstons of Elgin is heaven - they cover the whole price range from lambswool and cashmere scarves and gloves, to lovely clothing. The cafe there is good too. their website tells you a little more johnstonscashmere.com/html/visitor_centre.ht… and also has good links to other things of interest in the area - and ideas for places to stay.

Hope this helps

Ps I like both Elgin and Inverness - they are small places but if you are only staying one night either would do - or maybe visit Elgin and stay at Inverness?

13. Re: people don't seem to love Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 20, 2009