We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Day Itinerary Inverness

Leeds
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 Day Itinerary Inverness

Dear All,

I am planning a 2 day trip to Inverness on the 5th and 6th of Sept from Edinburgh. I'm a student, so on a bit of a low budget. I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good itinerary? I would like to take in the main sights and see Loch Ness.

2. I am thinking of hiring a bike to go around the Loch Ness area and around Inverness. The Ticket to Ride website says its £35 for 2 days, but there are charges for spd pedals, panniers etc. Would I have to hire those as well?

3. Is the cruise on Loch Ness (I've checked out the Jacobite one at £12 student price for a 1 hour cruise with views of Urquhart Castle) worth it? Or would it be alright just biking around the place?

4. Are there frequent buses?

Thanks so much for any replies!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Day Itinerary Inverness

Hi.

There are frequent local bus services from Inverness to the Great Glen. Look at the TravelineScotland website for routes and timetables. Or you could take an organised day tour.

If you wish to cycle, I think you would struggle to take a hire bike on a local bus. The Ticket to Ride service offers cyclist shuttle to and from the Great Glen, although it isn't the cheapest option. Distances are long and roads are winding (and clogged with caravans and tourist traffic), so cycling on the main routes would probably be quite stressful unless you are very experienced.

Abs :)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Day Itinerary Inverness

Wrap up well Nat ... forecast is not so good for 5/6 ...

Leeds
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Day Itinerary Inverness

Thanks for all the advice!

Is there anything you would recommend to see in 2 days?=) Any 'must see's. So far I'm planning to visit Culloden Battlefield and Loch Ness..

4. Re: 2 Day Itinerary Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 06, 2014