We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

Which Inverness hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

We have a free car rental for Inverness, so really just need to consider fuel for driving to Skye and back to Inverness. However, we also have BritRail tickets. I've heard the BritRail portion is famous for its scenery, and was really looking forward to that! However, I'm worried about getting around Skye. We have lodging reservations in Sligachan (HOW in the world is that pronounced? I'm sure we're butchering it here in the States! haha!).

Here's the practical dilemma: Would cost of fuel getting from Inverness outweigh paying outright for rental and fuel in Skye?

Another appreciation dilemma is we would also have to drive back to Inverness to return the car, whereas we'd be free to explore while heading back to London for the next couple days.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

Kilconquhar??

W x

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,542 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

lol how about Avoch or Alves :-)

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

I think this needs to be a new thread!

14. Re: Wondering cost of fuel in driving from Inverness to Skye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014