We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle Stuart

Which Inverness hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Castle Stuart

Is Castle Stuart still open for business?

I booked a room for late May, and paid a £100 deposit in early March. I received an automatic email: "Thank you for your booking deposit. We shall be in touch soon to confirm all details and arrangements." But since then - nothing. I've sent three emails subsequently, and left a message on their answermachine (the phone isn't been picked up).

I would love to stay in the Castle, but if they don't confirm the booking shortly I am going to have to make separate arragements. Odd that they are so unresponsive.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle Stuart

I am not aware of anything in the local press to suggest that the place is closed. Hang on - I will check something...

Yes - you are right. No answer and it goes on to answer machine asking you to leave a message. I would be concerned that I had paid (and lost!) £100 deposit - surely you are not just going to make other arrangements without chasing your money? Don't know how else you can get in touch without doing what you have done.

What about contacting the Golf Course and asking if they are aware of any problems at the "big hoose" ?!

http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/contact

I will be passing that way to the airport on Friday morning but its so early in the morning (about 06:45) that its too early to pop in and see if anyone is about.

Can't think what else to suggest except keep trying to phone?

This Sunday it says there is a wedding fayre at the Castle - perhaps they are just very busy??

Good luck

Woody x

Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle Stuart

I rang both yesterday and today. But have been emailing for four weeks.

Anyway I paid on my credit card, so I'll presumably be able to charge it back.

A shame though - it looks a nice, if pricey, place.

Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castle Stuart

I left a further phone message today - and finally got a reply to my emails (apparently their computer was misbehaving). We are confirmed for late May and much looking forward to it!

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castle Stuart

That's great - glad it worked out OK

W x

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castle Stuart

I am having trouble finding information related to the cost of staying at Castle Stuart. Online information directs me to golf related links. Any help?

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castle Stuart

http://www.castlestuart.com/

This link says its closed for refurb. Presume that means the hotel and NOT the golf course? There is a phone number (no use to you!) and email address on the link....

Woody x

7. Re: Castle Stuart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 02, 2014