We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inverness b&bs or farm houses

LaGrange, Georgia
Level Contributor
49 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
inverness b&bs or farm houses

We will be traveling to Inverness after 3 days in Edinburgh.We would like a reasonable priced b&b or farmhouse in Inverness area overnight to see Culloden & Loch Ness sights before heading south along the Great Glen & Ben Nevis area.When in Italy we stayed at wonderful agriturismos.Is there such a thing in Scotland? Would love to stay at a sheep or cattle farm.How far south is reasonable to see these sights then head toward London.We will have 5 days in between.Must go through Cotswold on the way.Any info would be wonderful.Thnks,Ruby

Plano TX
Level Contributor
318 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

HI Ruby,

My husband and I are travelling to Scotland in May. We booked our itinerary and accommodations through a tour operator. I requested something "rural" or farm-like for my husband's benefit and they have booked us at The Leanach Farm. While it is not your typical all frills B&B, it is a comfortable farm and within walking distance to Culloden and the Clava Cairns. We are planning to stay there for 2 days and use as a base for seeing the area.

We are not scheduled to be there until May so I can't tell you yet how it is, but like everything, there are positive and negative reviews. In any case, I'm extremely excited about it. It was just what we were looking for and thought I'd share with you. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

This is a brilliant B&B, a short walk from the city centre and with private parking. http://www.traffordbankguesthouse.co.uk/

Plano TX
Level Contributor
318 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

That is a lovely B&B however the OP did mention they were looking to stay at a sheep/cattle farm.

LaGrange, Georgia
Level Contributor
49 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

Thanks Elaine.I'll look into it.

5. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, January 09, 2013
6. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, January 09, 2013
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

4 posts all advertising your own accommodation? You obviously haven't read the T&Cs of this site

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

I put a link to help not to advertise my B&B as I do not own a B&B I post to help people actually I think its pretty poor show that tripadvisor decides what stays posted and what doesnt

How else will people know what is recommended to see when they specifically ask for details..........

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

My post - number 7 - wasn't aimed at you. Post number 6 was by someone who was advertising their own business.

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
100 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: inverness b&bs or farm houses

http://www.leanachfarm.co.uk/ - a wee bit out of town, but right on the edge of Culloden Battlefield. You would need a car though