We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh to Inverness

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh to Inverness

I am planning to travel from Edinburgh to Inverness in October. Which bus can I use please? Any help as I tried Mega Bus but no schedule for October.

Any places you recommend to visit while at Inverness please?

Tnx

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

Hi. Megabus is the quickest and cheapest option. The schedule is not yet released October. you can also use the more expensive Citylink bus or the train service.

If money is no option i prefer the train as it is a slightly more comfortable journey, however, I have used the mega bus on countless occasions and this is excellent value for money. They often run ahead of time and you will reach Inverness in slightly over three hours. I would keep an eye on the mega bus website and book when your dates become available.

Abs :)

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/areainve/index.ht…

On the right hand side of the main page there are "Feature Pages" which gives you a wealth of information.

My favourites?...Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns, Findhorn Village, Chanonry Point and Inverness itself - its a lovely town. There is an excellent Tourist Information Centre too so if you haven't got all the info you need before you arrive then this will help fill in any gaps.

Abs is right about the train although if you are on a tight budget the bus is fine but sometimes you can get reasonable fares on the train too and it IS a lot more comfortable!

Regards

Woody x

Columbia...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

I just booked some tickets Inverness to Edinburgh in September for 10GBP each. Of course, we are locked in to that date and time, but I usually have a schedule worked out and we pretty much stick to it.

Columbia...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

Should have said train tickets. Booked through scotrail.co.uk

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

Thanks, hope they will update the megabus schedule soon!

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

Tnx or your help

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

Megabus schedules up to 7 October are out so it shoulddn't be that long before the rest of the month is there.

8. Re: Edinburgh to Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 12, 2013