We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise stops at Invergordon

florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
cruise stops at Invergordon

We are going to be on the Golden Princess in July, which will be stopping in Edinburgh, Greenock, and Invergordon.

We were thinking of just doing city touring in Edinburgh and Glasgow, but we want to tour from Invergordon.

do you think this is the right way to go?

Any recommended tours out of Invergordon?

What are some places we shouldn't miss?

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

Do you mean a day-tour or will you have longer?

florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

Our ship will stop for one day in each port.

Scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

Definitely this is the way to go. City tours of Edinburgh and Glasgow and then get out and about for a tour of the Highlands.

From Invergordon you will be spoilt for choice!

No doubt The Golden Princess will have all sorts of options on day excursions and you the big liners that come into Invergordon usually have a full day there and so you will have time to see some wonderful scenery and visit places of interest.

Whatever direction you go in from Invergordon has a great deal to offer and you will have to do a bit of research to see what takes your fancy.

You could go North to Dunrobbin Castle, Shin Falls and visit a whisky distillery like Glenmorangie in Tain.

You could go to the west coast where you wil find spectacular scenery and look around Inverewe Gardens.

Trip round the Black Isle, visit some lovely small places like Fortrose, Rosemarkie and Cromarty.

Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle,

Cawdor Castle and Culloden Moor

I could go on!!!

See what your options are from your boat or there are local operations which have tours designed for the liners coming into Invergordon.

florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

I was looking for a private tour company...much better and cheaper than the large bus tours offered by the cruises.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

Msmeltz ~ you'll love this cruise, we did it last year in July. We stopped in Edinburgh & Greenock, but not Invergordon. I'm not sure you'd really need the city tour of Edinburgh, it's a great place to explore on your own. Walk the Royal Mile, visit Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh Castle and all the fun shops & pubs in between the two. We didn't do any touring from Greenock, as we were there in August and went to the Edinburgh Tattoo.

Scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

msmeltz,

www.shorexcursions.co.uk do a number of tours from Invergordon

Have a great trip!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

try johnstone chauffuer drive, www.jajcd.com

florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cruise stops at Invergordon

Thanks for the information, everyone.

I just wrote to Johnstone.

I had written to shorexcursion, and received a reply from highlandmotorcycle saying they had only 1 vehicle, and it was taken. Are they the same company as shorexcursion?

Marilyn