We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of May?

Which Inverness hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather end of May?

We'll be in the Inverness area around the end of May. What is the weather usually like then? Just wondering what kind of clothes to pack!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Weather end of May?

May is certainly out down here, but in contrast with the last 7th April when we were enjoying summer temperatures down in Dorset, I'll be casting no clouts just yet. When I left work at 3 a.m. yesterday I nearly knocked myself unconscious because I opened the boot to get my scraper out (two inches of snow covering the car), forgot that it was much heavier, because of said snow and it came down on the back of my head!

Cold here today, with snow on many of our lovely Shropshire hills.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Weather end of May?

Ouch pandachris - was the air blue? LOL

We have escaped the snow up here but on Sunday I had to lock my back door because the wind gusts kept blowing it open....definitely straight down from the Arctic....brrr!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Weather end of May?

The air was ultramarine, fofoma.

I was already slightly unhappy about having had to do a 22:00-08:00 shift on Friday/Saturday followed by 20:00-midnight on Saturday, my job being business hours based, and even more annoyed that I ended up staying on an extra 3 hours because I was having so much fun and if I'd been sensible I could have had a much easier drive home. Visibility on the M54 was down to about 30 yards and it was really hard to tell if you were on the road or the hard shoulder.

24. Re: Weather end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 24, 2009