We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trinkie sea pool

Leicestershire...
2 posts
1 review
Trinkie sea pool

Is it possible to still use the Trinkie sea pool in the Feb / March ?

5 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
31,759 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Trinkie sea pool

If you can swim in freezing water........

Leicestershire...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Trinkie sea pool

Super, many thanks. I am used to the Baltic so looking forward to the trip

Essex
Level Contributor
31,759 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Trinkie sea pool

Oh oh!

I was being a bit, um, "tongue in cheek".......

Edited: 10:08 am, February 08, 2015
Essex
Level Contributor
31,759 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Trinkie sea pool

But I found this info on the interweb......

<<The Trinkie Wick Bay, Caithness

On a hot day, as many as 100 people swim and sunbathe at the Trinkie, three-quarters of a mile south of the town. Trinkie is the Scottish word for trench: the pool was created about 70 years ago from part of a quarry. It owes its continued existence to the Sutherland family, who as "Friends of the Trinkie" scrub and paint it every year. "The swimming season in Scotland is very short," says Iain Sutherland, who learnt to swim in the Trinkie. "There are only about 10 weeks when you don't pass out with hypothermic shock getting in."

Swimming season: Mid-June to end-September. No lifeguard. No charge for swimming. Refreshments: Take your own picnic - and a jumper. Where to stay: Scenic camping at Riverside Caravan Club Site (01955 605420 or 01342 326944) in meadowland beside the river Wick, half a mile from the town centre. £12-£15.50 for a two-person pitch (£5 discount for Caravan Club members).>>

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Trinkie sea pool

I used to love swimming at the Trinkie as a child. My mother always brought a "shivery bite" for après swim

Reply to: Trinkie sea pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wick
Recent Conversations