We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast venue required please

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
692 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast venue required please

We're passing through Aviemore next week and although we've been various times before we need some ideas for the current best places to stop off for a quick breakfast before continuing North. A few years back we ate in a place above an outdoor store on the left of the main road when heading North but not sure of the name or if it's still there? Thanks folks

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
21,190 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast venue required please

The Mountain Cafe is still there ;-) http://mountaincafe-aviemore.co.uk/

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,190 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Although I would go for The Coffee Pot....if heading North it is a little further up the road and on the right hand side.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
692 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Thanks jock for both your replies. Mountain Cafe, that's the one! Happy to try your other recommendation though if you reckon it's better. What's the parking like up that end of the town? Taking my wife's new motor for its first decent run and don't want the doors dinged ;-))

Edited: 5:43 pm, September 16, 2012
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,190 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast venue required please

To be honest both would be a good choice although I seem to remember trhe Mountain Cafe' being pretty pricey the last time I was there.....for The Coffee Pot you should have no problems parking. Either park right outside, behind it or just past it take a left and there's a road running parallel with the main road that you can park on.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast venue required please

There's a Subway there too if you are on a budget.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Parking outside The Mountain Cafe for breakfast shouldn't be too difficult and there is also a paying Car Park across the road. We had lunch there on Friday and OH had the all day breakfast which was a big plate of stuff, bacon, egg, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding etc. with toast I think it was between £7 and £8 and he was "stappit fu" after it!

W x

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
692 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Thanks Alex for the other alternative.

Woody, all day breakfast, big plate, stappit fu........ it sounds ideal for me, thanks. Might need to hand over the driving for the rest of the journey to Lossie to my good wife so i can recover in the passenger seat with 40 winks ;-)

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Och I don't know - its a fairly straight road after Elgin!!! ;-0

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
692 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast venue required please

Breakfast in Aviemore, a cone at Miele's in Lossie and dinner at the Kimberley in Findy - it's almost the perfect food day ;-))

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,190 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast venue required please

I have to say, the coffee and bacon buttie at the Coffee Pot this morning was mighty fine lol :-)

Get answers to your questions about Aviemore