We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

We have some hours to kill in Aviemore on Saturday 15th April and would love to go swimming or something - is there a municipal pool in the town open to anyone ?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

No public swimming pool. Coylumbridge hotel has leisure facilities but not sure if you can pay if non-resident.

Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

We have about 5 hours to kill before our cottage is ready..... any ideas what an adult and 2 15 year old girls can get up to ?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

There used to be go karting there just off the main street. Also there is a steam strain I think. The Rothiemurchus (spelling?) estate has watersports on the lake I believe. The only thing I have ever done in Aviemore was stop for petrol, have lunch at a fab Fish and Chip Shop and take a breathtaking trip on the funicular railway a few years ago also at Easter before its official opening. We weren't really expecting to see so much snow and to have the skiers whizzing past as we'd just spent the week in Caithness where they had the hottest April/Easter in living memory! The scenery is just brilliant - plenty of good clean air too.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

try www.aviemore.co.uk - there's plenty to do, including a brewery visit!

Central scotland
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

Yes you can pay to get into the Coylumbridge Hilton swimming pool. There's also indoor crazy golf in the same complex(good quality).

Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

Thanks so much everyone- I think we will take a trip on the railway - in fact we hope to be skiing for the following 3 days (please let that snow stay put!!!) and it'll be good to take an early look - and will try out the hotel and swimming. If the karting is there.... I don't think I'll be able to keep them away ! Better make sure I have some cash ! We also will check out the ski hire centre and maybe get ourselves fixed up.

Any special deals happening on lift passes at present ? I don't like to miss a special deal !

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

Not sure where you'd look to find out. It looks like it might snow up there today so some good news!

Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

OK - me again ! Can anyone suggest where we might leave some luggage either in Aviemore or Carrbridge (where we are actually staying) - I've found out that there is no left luggage at Aviemore station.

Any local knowledge would be appreciated !

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

Hi

I am also going to Aviemore, the weekend after you for my hen weekend however i also go every year in November. I believe that the Aviemore Highland Resort (which is part of the MacDonald hotel complex) allows access to their swimming pool facilities. Also to go up the mountain it is a funicular railway, details and web cams etc - www.cairngormrailway.co.uk, for other things to do, there is the sled dog centre also on the ski road on the way up the mountain (there is a bus that goes the full stretch of aviemore and up to the mountain, along the ski road), the reindeer centre (the have real reindeer and may be able to go up the mountains to see them being fed), Cafe Mambo is a nice pub for something to eat and a coffee, the mountain cafe is also good for breakfast and lunch, depending if you have a car or not there is also the highland wildlife park in Kingussie which is fantastic (ive been 3 times already!) so there is loads and loads to do.

Have a fab time (im sure you will) and any more questions please ask!

Jenx

DML
Hallett Cove...
Level Contributor
129 posts
493 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimmijng Pool in Aviemore ?

g'day

i live in aviemore. there are 3 pools to choose from - the newest is at the aviemore highland resort but quite expensive. alternative choices are at coylumbridge hotel or dalfaber country club. the karting is sadly no more (very sad to lose an aviemore institution). lots of other things to do as already mentioned and linked, including lots of walks. regards left luggage - nowhere that i'm aware of other than your own accommodation.

a few more websites

www.rothiemurchus.net

www.cairngormmountain.com

www.visithighlands.com/aviemore/

Get answers to your questions about Aviemore