We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

Which Aviemore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

We are off upto Dulnain Bridge on Saturday for a week (7 miles away from Aviemore). Was just wondering If theres any snow there at the moment, and what the weather conditions are like. Also, where Is the best place around that area to see Deer......my kids are dying to see some! Cheers

lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

Just had to reply to you post. I dont know if there is any snow up there! Thought it was sad to see no replies. I hope your kids have a great time, with or without the snow and i hope you see some deer. We are off up there at half term so i am hopping for some snow !!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

The Scottish Reindeer Centre opens on 4th February for the season. Its at Glenmore,just off the ski road past Coylumbridge. You might see deer near the road as you go along the A9. We often do. Its very cold here at the moment but supposed to get milder by the weekend so its hard to say if you'll get snow. Its possible.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

kljones9... we cant wait to go! Like you say, with or without snow Im sure we will all love it. thegoodwitch.... we went to Fort William for the New Year last year, and we didnt see one Deer..... not even near the A9! Better luck this year hopefully. Is the Reindeer centre you are on about near Aviemore.... If so we went there last year. They were in outside pens. Thanks for the replies anyway. Only 4 days to go!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

Please let me know how you got on. Was there any snow and did you see any deer?

Where did you stay, i am looking for accomodation at the moment for when we go up there at half term.

Hope you all had a good time.

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Dulnain Bridge Saturday.... any snow?

Hi everyone!

In reply to the post in regards to accom in Aviemore I would recommend www.cairngorm-bungalows.co.uk I go to Aviemore every year and have done for the past 7 years and have now stayed in the Cairngorm Bungalows for the last two years, intend to do so again twice this year both for my hen weekend and in November for our annual trip.

I would also recommend the mountain cafe for breakfast, a visit to the highland wildlife park and the funicular railway.

Hope this is of some help!!

Jenx