We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

I want to come up to Aveimore sometime in the new year for a weekend snowboarding but I'm not sure which hotel would be closest or best to stay in. I'd appreciate any help or advice anyone has?

Thanks

Emma

Loch an Eilein
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Cairngorm Reindeer Herd
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Rothiemurchus
Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

I guess it depends if you will have any transport when you get there and what sort of hotel you want?

Given our variable weather I always tend to wait until very late on before booking anything involving snow - which probably means the middle of the week before the weekend at the earliest.

Where to stay depends on what you want from a hotel - friends have said Corrour House Hotel is really nice - with good food - see www.corrourhousehotel.co.uk but I haven't stayed there myself.

I can highly recommend Greystones in Kingussie if you want a really friendly characterful reasonably priced B&B - but it is 11 miles away in Kingussie, not Aviemore.

There are lots of bigger hotels in aviemore, nearer food and nightlife, maybe some other reader has tried them and can comment?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

Thanks for that. I was looking for a hotel that wasn't too far away from the slopes. We'll be travelling up in a car so transport shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I didn't want to be too far away either. I don't mind what sort of hotel it is really, I'm not bothered about a swimming pool or anything like that, just want nice food and clean comfortable rooms.

Cheers

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

Hi - Cairngorm doesn't really do slopeside accomodation - corour house is probably one of the closer places to stay - it is just outside aviemore on the road to the ski area - but there are lots more options in aviemore itself - www.visitscotland.com has details.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is best to stay for a weekend snowboarding?

Any time we go to Aviemore, we stay in the Highrange chalets. Havent been for a couple of years now but the chalets were great; the motel rooms were o.k. There's an Italian restaurant on site (La Taverna) which, at the time, was very good. It's walkable into the town at night time so we didnt need to worry about having a drink & we took the car up to the skiing each morning. Anyone know if the place in general is still any good?

Get answers to your questions about Aviemore