We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Starters (new hotel and reataurant)

Fife
1 post
Save Topic
International Starters (new hotel and reataurant)

I took my wife and 2 kids to Aviemore last weekend. Having already eaten in the Edinburgh Restaurant I was delighted that the standard of the food was just as good as it always is in Edinburgh. We stayed in the family room which was a lot more spacious than any family room we have previously stayed in, included 2 bathrooms, and was reasonably priced. The place was spotless (my wife has an eye for these things!!) and the staff are all very friendly and efficient. I can definitely recommend this as and excellent place to stay and/or eat and have already booked to go back in a months time.

Loch an Eilein
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Cairngorm Reindeer Herd
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Rothiemurchus
Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Paignton
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: International Starters (new hotel and reataurant)

Just returned from a week in Aviemore and we ate at International Starters (Did not stay there so can't comment on the rooms).

The food was of excellent quality and value for money however we found the concept a little strange: We were instructed, "You chose which dishes you would like and when the chef has prepared them we will bring them to you." Sounded good, our first starter arrived quite promptly, that was eaten and cleared and then hey presto 2 arrived together, to be followed quite quickly by the fourth, before we had eaten the others

We just felt it was all a bit rushed, food was going cold on the table as it arrived before we were ready.

Being the customer and the one who was paying I would have preferred a little more control over the order in which the dishes arrived and the timing of them. I know it's all starters but with a 'normal' meal you don't expect a course to arrive before you had finished the previous one. We felt really stuffed when we left as there was just no break between the food.

As I said, Nice place, good food, good value but in my view the service needs some tweaking.

12. Re: International Starters (new hotel and reataurant)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore