We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Aviemore

nottingham
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Aviemore

Yes, I know we have left it very late, but we have decided to do something different this year.

looking for cottage/cottages for 4 families - would need 5/6 bedrooms

arrive 30 dec depart 2 jan

would like to try skiing ? is that possible ?

and as for entertainment as there is a few of us if we were all together in the cottage i am sure we could sort ourselves out but ideas would be fantastic thanks

Loch an Eilein
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Cairngorm Reindeer Herd
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Rothiemurchus
Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas
scotland
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

Dont no of anywhere that would do a short let over the festive period...... try the mcdonald hotel they usually have good deals on this late, even try gtahotels asia rooms etc hope u get sumfin :-)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

There are a couple of websites advertising cottages for New Year but only for a full week. None in Aviemore as far as I can see but maybe you could look at a different location. You could possibly get enough snow for skiing in the Glenshee or Nevis areas.

http://www.lhhscotland.com/new-year

www.embracescotland.co.uk/seasonal_offer.asp…

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

hi

sorry to say that i think you will struggle to get something at short notice, on the other hand you may find places are willing to give you a few days just to get a booking, you might be lucky! Try Linda at www.cairngormbungalows.com other than that i think you'll need to just try everywhere and anywhere!

Re the above post about ski ing at Glen shee (which is nearer Fort William), there is ski ing at the cairngorm just now, its just dependant on the weather, ie wind speed rather than no snow. keep up to date with the weather and the web cams at - www.cairngormmountain.org.uk/full-conditions

good luck, i hope you find somewhere and have a great time, if not try next year but book early :)

Jen

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
10,263 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

Skiing not great right now but it's meant to be getting colder over the next few days so maybe we will get some snow on the mountains. Conditions were icy 2 days ago and runs incomplete despite what the Cairngorm website said. Are you still looking for accommodation?

W x

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
10,263 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

P.S. - Whats you budget?

W x

east lothian...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

hi there we stay up there every year, iv got a review on one with photos if you want to look , best lodge for you would be the eagle

7. Re: New Years Eve in Aviemore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore