We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming

2 posts
Swimming

Does anyone know if there is a good swimming pool for kids in Aviemore. I believe you can no longer go to the MacDonald one unless you are resident?

15 replies to this topic
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
1. Re: Swimming

No pool in Aviemore other than the MacDonald one. You can swim there if you have a Highlife Highland (Highland Council's leisure arm) card but as a visitor that will cost you 75 pounds (!) for a family membership.

There's always Loch Morlich - safe swimming and very popular these last few weeks thanks to the heatwave.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Swimming

There is also a swimming pool at the MacDonald Spey Valley resort in the Dalfabber area of Aviemore. I have used it and it is lovely. Iam not sure if it is open to non guests but you could phone and ask. This a seperate Macdonald resort to the one in the centre of Aviemore.

2 posts
3. Re: Swimming

Thank you. What about the one at Hilton Coylumbridge. Is that open to non-residents?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Swimming

Hi i havent been to that one so iam not sure probably best to phone them. If any of them say yes can you post it on here please.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Swimming

They did a swim and lunch package for non residents last time I was at Coylumbridge

6. Re: Swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:54 am, July 26, 2018

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
7. Re: Swimming

On trip advisor not so long ago if my memory serves me correctly a visitor to the area was planning applying for a Highlife card for duration of their holiday. Applying in advance. Is that a loop hole or is my understanding of what I read completely wrong. I do remember actually reading it out to my husband and saying that it seemed amazing to me.

I think the Macdonald pool access has been a topic of local debate in the past.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,305 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Swimming

Someone asked about access to the pool at the Edinburgh airport Hilton a couple of days ago and that was £10 for adults and £5 for children. I expect they'll al be similar so still expensive for a family swim!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
181 reviews
9. Re: Swimming

I saved a link to that thread @Blomk....here it is

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
10. Re: Swimming

Woodybark...yip that's the one..

Thank you.

Reply to: Swimming
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore