We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding

Island of Malta...
5 posts
Horse riding

We will be visiting Aviemore in July, is there any horse riding activities that we can do with a 2 year old ? Most of the places I found do not cater for kids under 3 years .

6 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
181 reviews
1. Re: Horse riding

Carriage drive in Carr Bridge near Aviemore

http://www.carrbridgecarriagedriving.com

I would think the age of your child will make horse riding a challenge. You could try Rothiemurchus, just outside Aviemore.

rothiemurchus.net/outdoor-activities-at-avie…

3 years seems to be the lower limit.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Horse riding

Try Highland horse fun in Kingussie. We have been taking our little boy there since he was 2 and a half. Hannah and the team are excellent with the kids. http://www.highlandhorsefun.com/

Give them a call and tell them what you’re after.

Edited: 3:47 pm, April 23, 2018
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,878 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Horse riding

Remember at 2 years old your child would not be covered by Travel Insurance as Horse Riding is classed as a Hazardous Sport. Check out if you can get insurance with the stables

We were just in Malta for two weeks and in all that time only saw one horse in a field,

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
4. Re: Horse riding

I'd 100% phone ahead to check their age limits; I have no memory of any riding stables taking a child so young.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Horse riding

I just double checked back on my photos as No one else seems to agree with my original post and our boy was 2 years 5 months when he first went. We confirmed his age with the centre before arrival so there would be no disappointment on the day and all went amazingly well. This was 2 years ago so would be worth double checking if they still accept that age of child.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
181 reviews
6. Re: Horse riding

There is a place near us that allows very young children as long as a parent is prepared to walk alongside, holding the child on the saddle while someone else leads, so no, I'm personally not disagreeing but it's certainly worth checking before trailing down to Kingussie. If I was at home, I'd phone them myself to check for the OP ( easier than phoning from abroad as they are in Malta) and confirm or otherwise once and for all.

Edited: 3:32 am, April 24, 2018
Reply to: Horse riding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore