We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Restrictions - hogmanay 2006

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
1 post
Save Topic
Traffic Restrictions - hogmanay 2006

Hiya,

I am staying in the Millenium Hotel on New Years Eve, and attending the street party for my sins.

Does anyone have any idea about the traffic restrictions, the hotel reservations dept is not working at the minute, and I'm flyin over on Thursday to visit friends. We won't be arriving in glasgow until 6pm on the 31st and we need to be able to get to the hotel - most all the roads are closed off from 5pm.

Does anyone have any ideas what the situation is about getting into the square with a car full of people??

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

Ci

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,763 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic Restrictions - hogmanay 2006

http://www.glasgowshogmanay.org.uk/

The above link may be of help. I would give the Hotel another try on the phone so you don't feel stressed on arrival. Some of the hotels have an arrangement with the local multistorey car parks for cheaper parking while staying at a hotel. There is excellent parking facilities at the Buchanan Galleries Shopping Mall - well lit and secure feeling and not too far a stroll from the Millenium Hotel. Also there's a large car park at the Buchanan Bus Station a little further up the hill that may be cheaper.

www.buchanangalleries.co.uk/nf_carpark.html

Your hotel does not seem to give satisfactory information on where to park, which is a weakness they need to deal with - they just say 'parking nearby' on their website.

Hope this helps

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic Restrictions - hogmanay 2006

George square tends to be shut off early on Hogmany ie about 6 am after this access to the square will be on foot, access to the Millenium Hotel will be via North Hanover street through Queen Street station.

3. Re: Traffic Restrictions - hogmanay 2006

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 21, 2009