We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow accommodation with parking

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow accommodation with parking

Can anyone recommend a nice clean hotel with good breakfasts and parking for a couple of nights. We will need 2 single en-suite rooms and are happy to walk or bus into town. We have read on the forums that the west end of Glasgow is a good location but is it easy to park as we will be leaving the car and travelling by foot or public transport until we leave. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow accommodation with parking

The West End is a great place and easy to get to from the main hub of Glasgow by hopping on the Clockwork Orange (subway). It takes literally just a few minutes to travel between them.

If there is a hotel you fancy in the West End its best to check out their websites or give them a call about the parking issue. If you decided to stay centrally then I know that the Holiday Inn Express has an agreement with Buchanan St Galleries (at the top of Buchanan St) to use their parking facilities. Its just around the corner from the hotel and the car park is the cleanest, brightest, safest feeling city car park that I have ever come across. I dare say you could park there whatever central hotel you were staying at!

check out Tripadvisor for hotels or laterooms.com or have a peek at www.visitscotland.com for accomodation ideas.

Have fun!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow accommodation with parking

Hi

I stayed at Park House www.parkhouseglasgow.co.uk in the west end a few times before moving here. It has some lovely rooms, and good breakfasts - but it is quite small so you need to book ahead. It is near the bus and the local trains so quite handy.

3. Re: Glasgow accommodation with parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 24, 2009