We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'The Best of Glasgow'

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
'The Best of Glasgow'

The media is going into overdrive over Glasgow.

10 best craft beer pubs in Glasgow: theguardian.com/travel/2014/jul/18/10-best-c…

Top 10 budget restaurants, bars & cafes in Glasgow: theguardian.com/travel/2014/jul/17/10-glasgo…

20 Stunning Cities to visit in your twenties (number 14 Glasgow): huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/european-citie…

Guide to the city's top 20 attractions: eveningtimes.co.uk/commonwealth-games/glasgo…

any more lists spotted out there?

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

Worst health in th UK

Lowest life expectancy in the UK

Probably don't make the tourism lists right enough.

Why does the guide to the city's top attractions include places that are not in Glasgow?

Edited: 11:35 am, July 18, 2014
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

Don't know about that, I think my health is ok and I'm sure planning to live long. ;)

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/apr/16/co…

Still wonder why the Evening Times has listed places like Loch Lomond and the Ayrshire coast as Glasgow attractions.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

Possibly because both are just under an hour on the train with 30 min service frequencies.

They could also be marketing the City as a base to explore the surrounding areas further.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

why not the 10 best whisky pubs in Glasgow,i am sure I could do a bit of work on that but Pot Still will be No1.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

"They could also be marketing the City as a base to explore the surrounding areas further."

They could indeed and no problem with that at all, just a shame the article is headlined "Glasgow 2014: guide to the city's top attractions" although to be fair that is just typical sloppy headline writing (not confined to Glasgow newspapers it has to be said)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

We were leaving that to an expert like you Gus!

I was thinking of doing the Cities 10 best Taxi Ranks ;)

It's Fair Friday!!! Humour me!!!

Edited: 2:12 pm, July 18, 2014
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

Ten best taxi ranks, I guess that could be quite useful now I think about it Madscot :)

Gus I've heard about the Pot Still but draw a blank when it comes to Glasgow whisky spots, though folk speak fondly of the 'teuchter triangle' in the west end. Gus's top ten, now thats a list worth having!

As for the evening time's best 20 best attractions, the majority seem to have been lifted from tripadvisor's glasgow guides which include day trips from glasgow. lazy!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

The Guardian is at it again with a super article featuring a 'Best of Glasgow' clubbing and nightlife scene. Some of my favourite vegan eateries also get a mention.

theguardian.com/travel/2014/jul/25/-sp-night…

10. Re: 'The Best of Glasgow'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, August 20, 2014