We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

I made a mistake by renting a car from this company because it is so much cheaper. The service is bad, and they gave us a wrong car but we just let it go. They office is a dodgy little room in an unnamed building and the worst thing is: this company is a big scam. They charge £350 deposit when you rent the car and promise to return you 14 days after you return the car. (Usually car rental won't charge your card for a deposit!)

And many customers did not receive the refund back at all.

complaintsboard.com/complaints/right-cars-re…

PLEASE DO NOT RENT ANY CAR FROM THIS COMPANY.

95 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

You summed it up in the first sentence!

It's no comfort now but if something is really cheap then something has to give somewhere down the line.

Whee are they based anyway

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

Report it here: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx…

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

If they are based at the airport It would be trading standards in Renfrewshire rather than Glasgow

http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/webcontent/Home/Services/Business/Trading+Standards/

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

Thanks Dhmellor & Smithstone for the link., at least i know where to take action now.

Madscotman115, they have a few locations including glasgow airport. But it's not in the airport. You wait at the carpark and then someone come to pick you up to their "office" alone renfrew road.

Osaka, Japan
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

This company is utterly vile.

There are numerous complaints online about them keeping deposits, faking damage and in the case of "CEO" Mr Little, behaving in a threatening and abusive manner to anyone who complains.

Maydayfans - While they do advertise a number of locations, there is no mention whatsoever online of any of these other offices outside of Right cars own website. The company's CEO is also the same man that answers the phone at the Glasgow office, responds to emails and picks up customers at the airport. it's all a criminal scam from top to bottom.

AVOID!!!

Edited: 3:02 am, March 11, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

Right cars still have still refunded my deposit.

In my opinion this amounts to theft.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

If you paid on a card, contact the card company.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

"They charge £350 deposit"

This company may well be very dodgy indeed, but to be fair to them, lots of companies 'charge a deposit'.

If you have your own holiday car insurance, you may refuse the insurance provided by the car hire company.

If an accident happens, the company bills you and you deal with your insurance company.

The 'deposit' usually is a minimum payment guarantee for the insurnce. And usually it's done by placing a 'hold' on your card for an amonunt depending on the type of car. That 'hold' is released if the car is returned safely, or is processed if you have an accident or damage.

-

So are we talking about a deposit, or a 'hold' as described above?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

Many companies claim that they don't take anything from your card as a deposit but there have been a number of posts on TA about people not being able to use their credit/debit card because of car hire companies putting some kind of marker on the account.

I'm not sure of the details of how it works but the problem has been raised more than once.

c e
Zoetermeer, The...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.

dear victims of Right Cars Glasgow, I've come to this Glasgow forum website by accident, because I was looking something up on the net about Right Cars. The Complaintsboard-link mentioned here refers to my story, I posted that complaint last year. So that is why I want to write a little something here as well....

Now, after a very, very long time the problem of not getting my refund last year was finally solved. That is: Right Cars refunded me my 350 pounds. But:..... recently there have been some developments.

I received an email threat from their legal dept. saying that if I don't remove my story from the complaints board website within 5 working days (that is this week) they will take legal action seeking compensation for the libelous comments and also loss of income (!) since the posting.

The compensation claim is sent to my home address they say: I wonder if this is true...

in case I don't respond they will come at my door to collect monies outstanding (in NL, where I live).

Anyway: I replied that I have reported them to the Glasgow Trading Standards and will file a report against them at the local police at Renfrewshire about the email threat and harrassment...

If you have questions about what happened or my experience with Right Cars, feel free to contact me!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Reply to: PLEASE DON'Trent a car from "RIGHT CARS" or Argus car hire.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted