We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant choice

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant choice

Looking for somewhere to eat an early-ish dinner near to Ibis West Regent St. Going to a concert at SECC so anything between Ibis and SECC would be fine.

We have in the past eaten at La Vita in George Sq and really enjoyed it. Anything similar would be good.

Thanks.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant choice

As you are walking that way I would pick somewhere on Argyle St at the Finnieston Strip end, Pane Vino being one similar to La Vita, loads of great bars along this way which is fast becoming a micro west end, then you are just a short walk down Minerva St and over the walkway at Finnieston Stn to the SECC, just follow my route I gave you on the other thread along St Vincent St which merges with Argyle at the junction of Finnieston St.

Edited: 10:04 am, February 08, 2014
UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant choice

I can definitely recommend Lamora on Argyle Street in the Finnieston area for excellent Italian cuisine. The area is well served by good places to eat. Alternative favourites are Thai Siam for delicious Thai cuisine, Crabshak for excellent fish and seafood, The Sisters for superb Scottish/Irish cuisine and Mother India for the best curries in the city.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant choice

If you look up the "Glasgow Curry" thread you will see that there is some debate about the best curry in Glasgow and a few people, me included, dont rate Mother India.

Never been to Crabshak but I know people who like it and those who dont.

You couldnt pay me to go to the Sisters at Kelvingrove.

4. Re: Restaurant choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 10, 2015