We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
39 reviews
Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Staying at Hilton In Dunblane

Going to Rod Stewart in Glasgow on the monday night, notice a train leaves Glasgow at 11.30pm for Dunblane. Not sure what time concert finishes but may have to get a taxi back any ideas how much this would cost? and if it would be better to pre book a taxi.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

I think you got lucky with the finish time, maybe due to Rod's advancing years he needs an early night as just after 10pm seems a bit early!

I have seen concerts scaling from the SECC up to 10:45 or even 11pm

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
49 reviews
12. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

10.00 is pretty early. I saw James at the SECC a few years ago and got back into Glasgow about 2350. Thankfully we were staying in Glasgow that night but I had friends who didnt make the last train back to Greenock that night.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Having dropped a few hires off at tonight's Rod Stewart Gig, my advise for the future is get down to the Hydro early!

The roads leading to the event were absolutely chockablock!!!

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
14. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

I am sure I can't be the only one who thinks the roads system in the area is now nothing short of a disgrace.

I would hate to be someone from out of town trying to negotiate that.

15. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014