We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel for a single??

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
8 posts
Save Topic
Good hotel for a single??

Hi. I'm travelling alone to Glasgow (and London) in the middle of March and I though I had found a great deal for a single room in a hotel. Then I came here and read the reviews and they were bad! I've now spent 3 hours looking for other hotels and every one I find has bad reviews here. Does anyone know of a decent place with single rooms (with a private bath) for around 40 pounds a night? I just booked my flight today and I was really excited, but now I'm very nervous about finding a hotel room.

Thanks!

Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel for a single??

Hey there!

I just arrived from a 4 day's trip to Glasgow and i can suggest you the Ibis Hotel. We paid 45 pounds for a double room, and as far as i know are Single Rooms at the same rate.

It's nice, clean (room service every morning), with a private bath, bar and restaurant in the lobby, 24 hours reception, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. For example, we ordered a plate of snacks, and got two beer for free because the manager meant we were waiting to long for the meal, although it took only about 10 minutes.

You can order buffet breakfast vor 4,95 pounds or an early or late-rise breakfast for 2,95 pounds.

The hotel is situated in West Regent Street, not much traffic there, but only 5 minutes walk to Sauchiehall Street (shopping).

Greetings

Marc

Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel for a single??

You can book online: www.ibishotels.com

Boston
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel for a single??

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel for a single??

My wife and I are travelling to Glasgow in May. We are probably going to stay at the Ibis Hotel however do you know what the parking is like at/around the hotel? Is it difficult to find parking?

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel for a single??

Hi, it's unusual for city centre hotels in the UK to have parking facilities, except for some five-star hotels.

For the Hotel Ibis in Glasgow, there's free on-street parking in the vicinity of the hotel between 18:00 and 06:00, and if you can't find a space, the nearest public car park is the Charing Cross car park which costs 11.60 GBP for 24 hours.

You may find a car to be an expensive encumbrance in such a busy city centre. Have you considered staying just outside the city, maybe in Dunbartonshire?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel for a single??

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately we will have the car through our entire trip. Glasgow is one of our final stops.

My wife and I would love to walk around the city at night and have the convience of going straight to our hotel. However how far is Dunbartonshire from the City? We would be open to staying outside as long as it is simple to find and drive too. Thanks again.

chicago
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotel for a single??

try The Park House in Glasgow...4 star B&B, 10 minutes tops by buy to city centre or quick taxi and ample parking...beautiful rooms! Decent price as well.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good hotel for a single??

Hello again, when I mentioned Dunbartonshire I was thinking of two budget hotels (with free parking) in the Milngavie/Bearsden area which are close to frequent bus (and train) services into Glasgow, so you could drive around outside Glasgow, but take public transport into the city.

premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do…

premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do…

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

firstgroup.com/scotrail/…route22.pdf