We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Hi Everyone

I'm travelling to Glasgow, Scotland in August for 9 days with 11 girls all under the age of 13 and would like some advice about where we can find affordable places to eat lunch and dinner - breakfast is already taken care of.

I've budgeted for £20 per person per day for lunch and dinner. Is that too low?

Many thanks for all your responses.

Kind Regards.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Go on to a site called www.5pm.com for a list of places and menus.

£20 per day for both is doable but will only cover average fare in average places.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

5pm is a great place to start. You'll have your work cut out keeping to budget but its not impossible. You can cut some costs by asking for cordial with tap water to drink rather than sodas, sorry if thats a bit obvious. Also there are some great cafes around the city where you can eat well for little money at lunchtimes.

Glasgow is full of great parks which are perfect for picnics should the weather be good. Kelvingrove or the Botanics in the west end have stores or delis nearby where you can pick up some reasonably priced picnic foods. For example, Waitrose and Marks & Spencers Simply food on (and just off) the Byres Road will sell you sandwiches, baguettes and wraps, prepared fruit cups, drinks and smoothies. The larger Boots Stores have meal-deals where for around £3 you can get a drink, sandwich and snack to carry out.

An example of reasonably priced cafes for daytime eating in town:

just off Buchanan Street is a quirky little place called Chippy Doon the Lane where you can get traditional fish and chips, bread and butter and a cup of tea for £6.25 http://www.thechippyglasgow.com/index.html

Pinto Mexican Kitchen is a fast food place adjacent to the GoMA which is very popular and a freshly made hearty burrito will cost around £5.50. Their fresh lemonade is excellent. http://www.pintomexican.com/

Martha's (fast natural food) is a modern cafe with plenty of great food to choose from http://www.mymarthas.co.uk/

What area of the city will you be staying in?

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

You could go cheap one day and splash out the next and still average £20 per day

Other suggestions are Wetherspoons, a UK pub chain that do good honest food at reasonable prices, please note if going pub grub you need to vacate the premises at 8pm with kids.

Another suggestion is Cook & Indi's World Buffet on Sauchiehall St for around a tenner a head

Like Purple says lunchtime meal deals for £3 can be had at Subway, Greggs or any of the supermarkets, supplemented by multi-packs of chocolate from the supermarkets

Loads of restuarants also do 2 course pre-theatres for around a tenner.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Maybe also consider one of the Chinese or Indian buffet places like http://www.chinabuffetking.co.uk/ or the Panda at Springfield quay pandacuisine.co.uk/menus/buffet-price-list/

I think you can eat as much as you like for under 10 pounds.

Subway is also a good place to get sandwiches and they can all chose whatever fillings they like as they are freshly made. I know how fussy little girls can be about these things having had two of my own.

Normally places like Pizza Hut have luch deals on but I can't seem to find info about then online. There is also the foodcourts in the shopping centres where you can get a variety of different foods in one place.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Mcdonalds for the weans.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

What everyday Gordon! At least break it up with the odd KFC.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

I would agree with RonaldoC recommending China Buffet King. The food is good for what you pay and they definetely cater for groups of kids.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places for dinner in Glasgow for 13 year olds

Thank you

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply