We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth TX
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

Could someone please post the coach line(s) which run between Oban and Glasgow?

Especially any that run at different times than the train. Does more than one train line run between them? Thanks so much.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

Scottish Citylink run the coaches and Scotrail the trains.

Both provide a good reliable service.

London
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

There is only one train route, with an infrequent service. (Come back again next year, when there will be twice as many train on this route!).

The coach timetable (summer version) is here.

westcoastmotors.co.uk/userfiles/tt/976%20sum…

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

RC, have I missed something? What was that about more trains on the Oban line?

London
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

Oban train service next year:

forargyll.com/2013/…

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

RC, cheers for that.

This makes sense and provides visitors to our part of the world an opportunity to even sample Oban as a day trip leaving Glasgow on the first train and returning on the last giving around 11 hrs in Oban.

You learn something everyday!! Oban has an Airport? How long before a certain Irish Airline owner cottons on to this and flies into here branding it as Glasgow!!!!!

Fort Worth TX
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

Thanks for the info. Sure wish the summer schedule went into effect as early as the Mull coach does! I need a couple of options for May 17th!!

And the extra train service to Oban will be great; could get me back to Scotland before I lay me doon and dee!

And who knew Oban had an airport?! Senor MadScot, it surely is great to be learning new things!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

That 'Oban has an airport' is to be a wee bit liberal with the truth. It is at North Connel, and is the spruced up private airfield that has been there for years. Right beside Ben Lora, it presents major challenges for all but the smallest aircraft. As a result it is a very expensive facility for an extremely limited number of flights to Colonsay and Coll.

8. Re: Coach and train service between Oban and Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 10, 2014