We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat

We are considering booking a flight on Air Transat to Glasgow for our September holiday departing from Toronto, Canada. Here they are easy to locate in the terminal and we are comfortable with them as we have used this charter service with flights to France and Germany many times in the past. This is our first trip to Scotland and wonder if this is a good choice for this destination?

Cheers

M.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Transat

Glasgow airport is an excellent,well run,modern and clean airport.I have flown Air Transat to Toronto and the flights were fine.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Transat

Thank you gordontaylor20371. Appreciate the feedback.

M.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Transat

I'm not sure about affordable, any more. I have loved flying Air Transat in the past, but they want close to $1,500 for a flight from Toronto to Glasgow on the dates I need to be there this summer! GULP!!!!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air Transat

I have been watching the flight we need for the last 2 months and it keeps going up and down. It looks like we will be paying $1031 a seat to Glasgow departing September 5th, that is the lowest it seems to be going. It is the same price we paid for the same weeks last year to Paris so I am okay with this. We were used to paying $750 most years to Paris, Franklin or Munich so it has really increased the last 18 months. With the addition of Air Canada Rouge I thought there might be a period of lower prices for them to gain the Transat business to them, but seems not so I will stay with Air Transat.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Air Transat

Oh, I'd be o.k. with $1031 too, believe me!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Air Transat

Yes, I understand that Diamondlover and will probably purchase in the next few weeks. Fortunately, our schedules allow us to travel in September when the rates are not as high as what happens in July/August. Hoping you find the best deal possible!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Air Transat

The cost of aviation fuel must be really biting hard as our upcoming annual holiday to Mexico is the highest we have ever paid with no increase in quality of resort, add on all the stealth taxes they charge and it soon boosts the prices.

Still wouldn't miss my 2 weeks in the Sun though!!!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Air Transat

I agree madscotsman115, fuel most likely is the cause but I have noticed the airport taxes added to tickets has increased incredibly depending on the airport. CDG has risen significantly over the past 3 years. We look at these fees now when deciding where to fly into and are looking forward to seeing new destinations that we may not have thought of choosing, in a way has been a good thing, broadened our travel ideas.

Enjoy your 2 weeks in Mexico!

19. Re: Air Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014