We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

We're making our twice yearly trip to Glasgow next week to visit the grandparents. Are there any good kid specific exhibits on at Glasgow museums right now? Our oldest is 4 and loves interactive things... especially dinosaurs. Help appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

Thanks aglasgowgirl! Those are great suggestions. My kids are quite young (the oldest is 4) so we may have to leave Braehead for later years-- my parents in law live fairly close to there so we hit that shopping centre often! Canadians can't get enough of Marks and Spencers- we actually had Marks in Canada until about 5 years ago. Then it mysteriously disappeared. We miss the frozen curry dishes and well made tees.

We'll definitely check out Chatelherault Country Park. Sounds perfect.

Thanks for all your help! Coming your way soon!

Mentioned in this post
Chatelherault
Chatelherault
377 Reviews
Hamilton, UK
Linthicum, Maryland
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

Glasgowgirl, we will be staying on Cleveland Crescent. Can we walk to the Kelvin Hall museum or will it be too far,. We used to walk from Ruchill when we were kids but that what a long time ago.

Mentioned in this post
Kelvin Hotel
Kelvin Hotel
327 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

kateraider, M&S is great - i spend far too much of my hard earned cash in there on their delicious food!

tibbiesmom, i'm not sure exactly where Cleveland Crescent is but there is a Cleveland Street heading towards the city centre (near Charing Cross) which is about 15-20 minutes easy walk along main roads from the Kelvin Hall/Transport Museum- if you're near there you will easily e able to walk this.

Mentioned in this post
Charing Cross Guest House
Charing Cross Guest House
412 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Kelvin Hotel
Kelvin Hotel
327 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
ete
scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

Hi

Try out Victoria Park, good play area, nice walks, tennis courts, fossil grove, fantastic flower beds, bowling green (might be good for grandparents!) pond with ducks, a real favourite...........we could spend hours there, (I have 3 children) take a picnic, football, tricicle if you have one.

Another great place is Mugdock country park, just outside Milngavie, north of Glasgow, it's HUGE, has a great little playpark, bigger adventure area, several ponds, lake, a castle (you can see, walk round the remains, interesting!) visitor centre particularly suitable for little kids which has hands on activities and an enclosed bee hive..........cool! There's a cosy cafe serving tasty lunch and snacks, loads of long walks, past highland cattle and sometimes sheep. The park is child friendly and there's even a nice garden centre with walled garden and more upmarket cafe which the grandparents would enjoy. Depending on time of day and traffic you could reach it in around 30mins.

There is also a pretty good playpark at Glasgow Green, next to the Peoples Palace.

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Mugdock Country Park
Mugdock Country Park
240 Reviews
Milngavie, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Glasgow Green
Glasgow Green
361 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
15. Re: Glasgow museum exhibits for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, August 13, 2009