We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation from airport to hotel?

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
31 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Best transportation from airport to hotel?

We will be arriving at the Glasgow airport in the morning, and will need transportation to the Glasgow Marriott. I read somewhere that private taxis are better than the airport taxis? Can anyone recommend which to use, and possibly a company? Also need tipping info. We will have 2 bags. This is our first visit overseas and we are a bit nervous. Thanks!

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

I would recommend Braehead Taxis ,01418861111,they pick you up at the Holiday Inn,approximately 100 meters from the Terminal.The bus I think will be slightly cheaper ,but IMO the Taxi is more convenient.

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

I would recommend Braehead Taxis ,01418861111,they pick you up at the Holiday Inn,approximately 100 meters from the Terminal.The bus I think will be slightly cheaper ,but IMO the Taxi is more convenient.

I forgot to add,I usually tip around 10%,the last time I used them,it cost around £15 to the City Centre.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

I think the convenience over private taxis and the airport taxis will be in the cost but I do not know how much of a difference. The taxi will take you to the hotel front door where you may have a small walk with the bus but given the distance between the aiport and Marriott there shouldnt be a massive price difference.

PS- If you do book for the above taxi search "Braehead Radio Cars", Braehead Taxis are in Stirling (found that one night to my own cost!)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

Only to add that private hire cars have to be phone booked and they pick you up in the pay machine area of the multi-storey car park behind the Holiday Inn not at it, they do not sit there so you cannot just walk up and jump in like the airport taxis which sit in a rank right outside the front door of the terminal.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

Forgot to add about tipping unlike the states we are not overly a tipping nation so whilst a tip is appreciated you will not be glared at if you don't, a taxi and don't think anyless of people should they choose not to.

6. Re: Best transportation from airport to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014