We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glasgow hotel and airport questions

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
glasgow hotel and airport questions

i am looking at the premier hotel buchanan galleries. i will probably not arrive until evening. am i better to take train to central station and then cab it or take bus to buchanan bus station and walk to hotel by myself.....

i lhave to be at the airport at 7 a.m next morning. how much would a cab cost or is there a better way....thank you....

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

No not that early but the OP has stated it could be late when he comes into Glasgow from Dundee and after a 2 hr bus journey its best just to push on that extra 25 mins and be at the airport.

It sounds as if he is going on to Nth America and those flights tend to depart around 9-10am so he is probably checking in at least 2 hrs before a potential 7-8 hr flight so best to be fully refreshed and have no hassle of getting to the airport in the morning.

Airport hotel seems a no brainer to me.

Edited: 6:40 pm, January 23, 2013
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

0700 is not when the needs to get up - needs to be at airport for then. What if there is a delay in traffic in the morning? I just can't see the point of a few hours in the city centre.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

I don't think there is any doubt about what time the OP needs to be at the airport.

As they had also expressed a wish to see some of Glasgow my comments were based on that.

As I said I would stay in the city and travel in the morning. The OP may well choose to stay at the airport.

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

thanks for all your input. i looked on that website but saw no mystery hotel and the rate for the holiday inn was very very expensive.

i am flying to canada on air transat may 19th the flight is scheduled for 10 a.m. but is subject to change.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

It's £45 on the Holiday Extras website for that 18th May as an 'Undercover Hotel'

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

You won't get cheaper than the above ;-)

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

Thank you for all your help. I will book it.

18. Re: glasgow hotel and airport questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014