We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation near hampden park

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accomodation near hampden park

Can someone recommend a good hotel for family of 4 (21, 16, and 2 50year olds) near Hampden Park as we are going to a concert there? Must be nice and clean, we like the Hilton standard?

thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation near hampden park

Not a great deal of hotel action in the Hampden area. I would recommend staying somewhere like the Radisson Blu alongside Central Station then hopping on the train to Mount Florida for the ten minute ride for Hampden, or taking a taxi. That way you'll have the best of both worlds/be able to take in a bit of the city centre vibe as well.

Are you hoping to share one room between four of you?

Edited: 2:34 pm, December 05, 2012
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation near hampden park

I agree with Purple not a lot in the way of decent hotels out that way the nearest i can think of being the Premier Inn South on Ballater St being a brisk 20-25 min walk down Cathcart Rd, when big concerts scale sometimes the easiest option is to walk back to the city centre anyway.

As she says why restrict yourself when you have limitless choice in the city centre.

Edited: 2:22 am, December 06, 2012
sunderland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation near hampden park

there will be 3 of us, me, husband and 16 year old daughter

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation near hampden park

A quick few questions if I may.

Do you need a hotel with car park facilities

Would a hotel within walking distance of Glasgow Central railway station be an acceptable option for you?

What is your budget range?

many thanks

sunderland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation near hampden park

yes, we are coming by car and will need car park, thanks

Kinross, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation near hampden park

Holiday Inn Glasgow - East Kilbride is a short taxi ride away.

www.hieastkilbride.com

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation near hampden park

With all due respect greenhotelmanager i would say that the Holiday Inn in East Kilbride which is outwith Glasgow is just as far from Hampden as the city centre, and has not much else in the way of facilities around it.

If you want to be as close as possible then another suggestion i have found is the hotel number ten.

Located at funnily enough 10 Queens Drive, a mere goal kick away, or if you are not a football fan, 5 min walk!

Not a modern build like a hilton etc but a big mansion that has been extended but looks quite tasteful.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation near hampden park

there is also the ivory hotel in shawlands an easy walk to hampden and has a car park food is nice never stayed over but have read ok reviews

9. Re: accomodation near hampden park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013