We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Glasgow

Firstly trying to decide on which hotel to book! Prices are similar for the Grand Central and Radisson Blu. Can anyone advise me. Reviews are pretty good on both places! I just need to choose and book!!!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

Both almost next to each other bar approx 600yds so location does not come into it.

Edited: 9:18 pm, October 11, 2012
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

Have stayed at both. Would try and get one of the rooms at the Grand Central that have deals. You can get deals which include a champagne voucher, breakfast etc.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

I've stayed at and loved the Radisson Blu (lovely breakfast too) but only eaten in the champagne bar at the Grand not stayed. It could be argued that there are nice hotels in slightly nicer looking locations, but both hotels are very convenient for central station, shops, restaurants and entertainment, which is what most people are looking for on a city break. I'm guessing that the Grand might be marginally noisier at night (don't think they have double glazing) but thats not a deal-breaker for everyone.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

With the grand central you can always say you stayed in the same hotel as Roy Rodgers and his horse Trigger!!!

Weird but true!!!

The grand central is 150 yrs old although it did get a multi million pound refit whereas the raddison is a modern new build of around 10 yrs.

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

Thanks everyone for the advise, went and booked the Radisson in the end as it had an option of free cancellation . You never know with weather conditions etc, so if in the event that our flight is cancelled we can get a refund!, Will definitely have to pay a visit to the Grand Central as I would imagine it must be similar to Kings Cross Hotel in London!, Champagne bar is obviously a must!!

6. Re: Christmas in Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 15, 2013