We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Hampden Park

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near Hampden Park

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel near Hampden Park. I will be visiting Glasgow in June to see Bon Jovi at Hampden Park and need to sort some accomodation out for 6 people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

Best Western Ewington or Dunkeld hotel, both in Queens Drive, are within walking distance. Most of Glasgow's hotels are north of the river, 15 mins by suburban train from Hampden, although getting to the city centre from concerts is a pain in the proverbial.

scotland
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

If you want to avoid the city before and after,try the numerous hotels in East Kilbride, its only 15 mins by taxi.

Holiday Inn (formely Hilton) and The Crutherland are V nice

Glasgow
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

The Ivory Hotel between Hampden and Shawlands does lovely food and has really nice bar, quite a trendy place. You could probably walk to the stadium in around 10-15mins.

There are so many good hotels in town you couldn't go wrong with just getting the train or bus to the stadium though, it really isn't that far.

Livingston, Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

I don't suppose anybody knows if they're laying on extra transport for the end of the concert? My friends and I are going from Livingston (train or bus in) but have no way of getting back as yet, and it's looking bad. We don't wanna book a hotel unless we have NO other option.

thanks

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

Check with your local bus operator as they sometimes have coaches running to big events (I know that First Group do from Falkirk and Stirling).

Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

Jude

Hampden to the city centre is really not that far by bus or taxi or train.

The areas surrounding Hampden are actually quite residential and so do not have many hotels nearby, personally I'd pick one of the city centre hotels and travel to the stadium.

Check out the other threads for good hotels, lots been mentioned.

Antsplan

7. Re: Hotel near Hampden Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 14, 2009