We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Hi there, going to a concert in Secc in October with my 2 daughters age 11 & 9, getting train from Inverness - been looking at hotels, have stayed in a few in Glasgow but usually more expensive ones when I stay with my partner, just looking for something cheap-ish so am thinking of going with this PI... any other suggestions or should I just book it?

Also wondering if it would be easy enough to walk to secc or aswell getting a taxi?

Thanks, karen.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

If you go down to the river and turn right it is about 20minutes walk.

Or if you go along Argyle St, just past the Marriott Hotel you will find Anderston Station underneath the motorway.It is just one stop from there to The Exhibition Station which has a walkway to the SECC.

Taxi to the SECC would be easy and not expensive but probably impossible to get a get taxi back after a concert.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Hi, You might like to look at Jurys next to central station. from there you can easily jump on the very short train hop to the secc and its frequently possible to bag a rate thats as good and sometimes better than Premier Inn. Jury's is pretty decent and a similar standard to Premier Inn. I'm a fan of both brands.

I am signed up to Jurys email for offers and last year got a stay for less than £60 for a double. In answer to your question it would be easy enough to get a taxi to a concert at the secc but a little less easy to get one back probably.

Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Thanks for the quick replies...I will have a look at Jurys as I am too late now, no rooms left at PI Argyle Street today!! Dammit!

Any of the other PI's close by for SECC?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Possibly the Premier Inn Charing Cross.

It would also be about 20 mins walk via St.Vincent St and Finnieston St.

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

I wouldn't choose Jury's personally because it's not the best area at night if you're staying on a Friday or Saturday. The Lorne Hotel in the Finnieston area is a short walk (5-10 mins) from the SECC and is a good hotel.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

I've stayed at Jury's on a friday and saturday night after a pleasant evening on the town, but I guess I must have been tucked up in bed by the time it gets lively with clubbers. I didn't hear a peep:)

I was thinking about the Lorne Hotel if only because I pass it regularly and long to pop in for a curry!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,012 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Campanile right by the SECC is an option campanile-glasgow-secc.co.uk/en/index.aspx

Just looking for somewhere to rest your head then experience the ETAP at Springfield Quay from 25 quid per night.

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

Ibis on West Regent Street is 53 quid pn,

Sandyford is also cheap and close to the SECC ( about 10 mins walk)

What about the The Kelvingrove Hotel. 10 mins from the SECC and gets good reviews.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,718 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

Hiton garden inn? formally the Mint and before that City Inn!

5 min walk and it seems to be hiltons answer to a premier inn.

Ron, your suggestion of the Etap is flawed no matter how cheap considering there are kids! i would rather sleep under the kingston bridge first!!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,012 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

LOL MS that Etap is nearly under the bridge so you could kill two birds with one stone.. they are not that bad really I've stayed in a few and if it's just for one night at under £30 good value.

I thought that the Govan Etap was further along the street. Did they build a new one at Springfield Quay?

Anyway the OP booked the PI at Charing cross on another thread.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,718 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premier inn argyle street.. or any other suggestions..

its only ever been at the quay ron.

during the week its mostly contractors that use it and theres nothing wrong with that but weekends are mostly stag/hen parties, also people who have just met in clubs if you know what i mean judging by the clientel i have dropped off!!