We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

Hey,

I'm going to Scotland in twoo weeks with my friends and I've managed too arrange everything but a place to stay in Glasgow.

I booked the Devoncove hotel in Glasgow, but I keep reading some bad reviews on this site.

Can anybody please help?

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

Hey to you,

Thanks for advice on driving to Umag from Rijeka. I are much happier now. Perhaps I can help you now. I do not know the hotel you have booked but know people in the hotel trade and will ask them for their thoughts and let you know. I hope you find time for a visit to Perth when in Scotland but please remember it is still cold here!!! Are you looking for a city break or are you planning to tour around?

Amigademaria

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Perth and Kinross, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

We have only 8 days in Scotland. We are going to Inverness, Edinburgh and then Glasgow. We are really looking forward to this trip, so I really want everything to go well. But when you read that the b&b you booked is horrible, and the hotel you booked after that isn't any better, you're not too happy.

The thing is that we can't pay more than 25 pounds per night, we are students and the UK is really expensive when you compare it to Croatia, you will see that when you get here.

Thanx for the help, and if you need any info about Croatia, I'd be more then happy to help.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Inverness
Inverness
Scottish Highlands, UK
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Enkhuizen, The...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

On Renfrew Street are a few fairly cheap hotels, for 25 pound a night (or slighty cheaper). Don't expect a wonderful breakfast, and don't expect a large room.

I (as a student myself) have stayed in several (cheap) hotels in the city centre, and they were all the same. But i don't visit Glasgow for a lovely hotel room ;) I rather have a good night out (oh them good bands and nightclubs!), and some money to spend, than a beautiful room I only sleep in. Most of the time i had breakfast in a pub or coffeeshop.

Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Glasgow cheap hotel or B&B! Please help!

Hey again,

As i type I have a friend checking out your hotel. His wife thinks that it has just recently been done up and is infact quite nice now. Think some of the reviews are old from last year. Will let you know as soon as I hear. Hears to a good review. Will e.mail you this also in case you miss this reply.

Amigademaria