We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

Great day out in museum itself BUT... car park far too small (roads in and out were at gridlock)....... cafe had half a dozen tables in it....had to stand and eat sandwiches(not ideal with kids).. not geared up for the amount of people visiting. The car park (if you are lucky enough to get a space) charges £1 for 3 hours, they recommend you park at the SECC if their car park is full.. watch out because they charge £6 (a rip off) plus you have to walk along a lovely wet, muddy path to get there so don't wear your good shoes or heels. Also charged my daughter £6.99 for a small plastic vw bus and saw it the next day in Butterfly Farm Edinburgh for £4.99......Its a shame they did not take these points into consideration at the planning stage....a decent size car park and cafe should have been standard for the amount of people that will visit.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

Yes this is me

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

Estherre if you have been to the two previous transport museums then i think you are in for dissapointment!

Edited: 3:38 pm, July 12, 2012
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

I still can't comment on the museum. Really really want to see the exhibits but thus far haven't managed to get any closer than joining a very big slow moving queue for car parking before giving up and going home. December might be quieter.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

I parked beside the Kelvin Hall (go into car park rather than on-street - ample spaces, much cheaper). Short well-signed walk. Went early on a Sunday, it was reasonably quiet. Worth persevering with it - a great addition.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

Re the parking, can I suggest going to the former site at the Kelvin Hall to park (or nearby streets) then walk along the River Kelvin route. It does not take too long although may not be suitable for those who have mobility problems.

Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

thanks for that tip about the parking. very helpful

17. Re: Riverside Transport Museum Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 10, 2013