We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Glasgow

Dublin
5 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife in Glasgow

Hi, I'm travelling with four friends from Ireland for the weekend of 2nd December and was looking for some recommendations for nightlife. We're five single guys so looking for somewhere which will be a bit of a laugh with lots of cute girls! (If that's not asking for too much!)

glasgow
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Glasgow

Head to a place called Sauhiehall street, it;s the main strip in town full of all types of bars/clubs for all types of people

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Glasgow

If you're looking for a bit laugh and those cute girls, I suggest Ashton Lane's the place.

glasgowguide.co.uk/images_ashton_lane.html

Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Glasgow

Hi

I'd say Ashton Lane is a great place for pre-club drinks, there is a great vibe in the lane, especially in the summer months, with plenty of nice restaurants and bars. Its really good as there is plenty of al fresco drinking in the street (although I see your coming in December !)

Ashton lane is in Glasgow's west end, but by far the most populous of area's in terms of night clubs etc is the city centre.

As suggested Sauchiehall st has stacks of student bar's/trendy bar's and there are plenty of club's in the vicinity too.

There are a couple of nice bars in and around the Royal Exchange Sq/Princes Sq area (city centre) also. The city centre is fairly compact - most places are within walking distance.

There is the Merchant city also (east city centre), with some nice bar's and restaurants.

If there are a group of guy's beware of the door policy for many club's as they may discourage group's, like most cities. If your smart you should be ok, dress appropriately and dont get too drunk before going to the club's.

Shawlands on the south side of Glasgow also has some pretty vibrant night-life, but not on the same scale as the city centre, as its closer to residential areas.

For five young Irish guy's Im sure you will find your fair share of beautiful young ladies, you may just have to spend some time searching through some of the not so.

Enjoy your trip, mate.

You may want to check this out for a light hearted guide to Glasgow. ;-)

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/

Dublin
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Glasgow

thanks for the advice folks