We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow restaurants

Belfast
Level Contributor
469 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow restaurants

Hi

Thinking of booking Est Est Est restaurant for a saturday night in November.It seems reasonable and central.Good choice or not? Anything better?

Thanks in anticipation

Mick

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow restaurants

If you like Italian O Sole Mio on Bath Street is much more authentic than Est Est Est, it has character and the food is lovely, probably comparable prices too. Another lovely Italian is across from the main entrance from the Buchanan Galleries called Caprese, it is in a basement and does not look much but again is more authentic and is popular with local footballers and celebrities.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Hi,

I'm not that keen on Est Est Est - it's 'ok' and 'reliable' but not a lot more, and although I wouldn't call myself (particularly) greedy, the portions never seem big enough!

I loved Sarti's for its surroundings and food, but people have been known to criticise the service. It was fine when we went though, no probs at all. www.fratellisarti.com

Our favourite restaurant (not Italian) was 78 St Vincent www.78stvincent.com

The Ubiquitous Chip gets great reviews, never been but maybe someone else can feed back?

We also loved Vronis wine and champagne bar www.vronis.co.uk

www.itchyglasgow is very informative.

M

Belfast
Level Contributor
469 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Thanks for your help

Mick

Vic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow restaurants

If you're looking for Italian try La Vita just off George Square, opposite the Counting House. It's portions are huge, tasty and reasonably priced.

For non-Italian I really like Smiths in the Merchant City or The Sisters restuarant in Jordanhill.

Belfast
Level Contributor
469 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Thanks Vic

Mick

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow restaurants

I prefer Paperinos in Sauchiehall street - it is v good - lovely (large) authentic pizzas & pasta.

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow restaurants

There are lots of Italian restaurants in Glasgow most of them fairly mediocre - and that includes Est Est Est. For a decent Italian meal in the city centre try Sarti's - either the original on Bath Street or the Gran' Caffè on Renfield Street, The Italian Kitchen on Ingram Street or Paperino's on Sauchiehall Street.

If you are in the West End, Paperino's on Byres Road, La Parmigiana on Great Western Road (owned by the same family that own the Paperino places but more upmarket and expensive) or Trattoria Trevi also on Great Western Road can be recommmended.

Belfast
Level Contributor
469 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Thanks everyone

Going for Paperinos this visit

Mick

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Hi there,

I recommend Ichiban, Japanese, on Queen St.

Corinithian, Ingram St, Brunswick Hotel Bar for cheap eats and also MAO on Brunswick St, push the boat out cant go wrong with Zinc or Etain Princes Sq.

Cheers

Nowhere
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glasgow restaurants

Ubliquitus(spelled wrong :D) is just unbeatable ,nothing more to say. They have something like a fixed menu and all choices are great..(Especially Aberdeen Steak with pepper)