We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Does anyone have a recommendation for an atmospheric family-run small hotel/larger b&b in the Loch Lomond region? We would like to be close to the lake if possible. I haven't had a bit of luck so far in my search. I have plenty of time--am booking for next July-- and so I should be able to get a booking in a nice place without paying a fortune. My price range is 35-40 GBP pppn if possible, will go a bit higher if I must. So far I have successfully booked some really great rooms in great places, thanks in part to trip advisor (some higher priced than the above limit, but I couldn't resist based on everyone's glowing comments).

I greatly appreciate all responses, so let me hear from you if you know of a great little place in that region!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Hello! I have a couple of suggestions for you!

Shantron Farm Loch Lomond which is a 5000 acre sheep farm - you can view it at www.scotland2000.com/shantron - looks gorgeous.

Or how about Tarbet House Loch Lomond www.lochlomond.me.uk

views to die for, homely accommodation, and £35.00 per night!

Scottish tip of the day. We don't have Lakes in Scotland we have Lochs, with the 'ch' as if you are clearing your throat!!

Actually, we do have one Lake - Lake of Menteith - which is at Port of Menteith, not far from Loch Lomond - where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned!

Ask me another......

glasgow
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

hahaha, great history lesson!

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Must it be an atmospheric family run hotel/B&B ?

I can recommend a small hotel here in Balloch set on the River Leven at the mouth of the Loch.

It is not family run but is part of innkeepers- lodges

http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/index.asp

Not many rooms (all non smoking) and it has a nice atmospheric restaurant downstairs and you have breakfast included.

The price is £59.95 per ROOM per night

Graham

ps I don't work for them just like to go in for a meal and a quiet drink.

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm checking out the Village Inn in Arrochar. Anyone out there who has stayed there?Looks nice and price is reasonable. No it doesn't have to be family-run, but those hotels and guest houses always seem to have the personal touch, (most of the time).

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

We stayed at the Village Inn Arrochar about 3 weeks ago and highly recommend it, the food, non-smoking restaurant and view across Loch Long to the Cobler all first class, but it is also popular so it’s better to book in advance and that includes the restaurant. Do not be tempted to stay at the Arrochar Hotel just along the road, which is an expensive shabby rip off

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Hi - slightly blows your budget, but www.blairbeich.com is worth a look at.

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Thanks, Vantodder for your input. I have booked us into the Village Inn for early next July, so we are looking forward to it and glad to have the endorsement of someone who has actually stayed there.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

The Village Inn in Arochar is great, my brother and sister in law got married at Arochar church last year and we had the reception at the Inn. The staff were fantastic for putting up with us all. Food was great (dinner and breakfast)!

I say go for it!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Upping your budget a tad will take you to the Drovers Inn at Inverarnan (see web link below). If it's atmosphere you're after, this place is hard to beat.

http://www.visit-lochlomond.com/droversinn/

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reasonably priced hotels/guest houses around Loch Lomand

Thanks to everyone for the advice!! It looks like we picked a winner! (and I trust trip advisor people's input!)