We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we need transportation

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
3 posts
Save Topic
we need transportation

we need transportation from glasgow airport to woodside terrace apartments. What is the best way? Taxi-who? Bus-what?

I have been reading the taxis are expensive.

glasgow
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: we need transportation

i have no idea where woodside terrace apartments are but a taxi from the airport to the city centre will cost you about £10 +.

Glasgow, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: we need transportation

Yeah, I'd say taxi was the easiest option and usually they charge a flat rate of about £16-20 pounds form the airport to the city. They leave from outside the terminal.

The other option is the CityLink bus which departs every 20 mins form the outside of the airport terminal. If you stay on to end of this bus route, you get to Buchanan Bus Station. This will cost £3 single, £5 return.

Woodside Terrace isn't the easiest place to get to by public transport. However there is a bus (No. 44) which goes past the area (kind of down the hill) on Woodlands Road which would be about £2.

But there is also a taxi rank in the Bus Station if that is too daunting which will cost approx £5 (less or more depending on time of the day).

Hope this helps.

Renfrewshire...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: we need transportation

Hey jetster,

What time do you arrive?

Woodside Terrace is a couple of minutes drive from my workplace at the University of Glasgow - and I pass the Airport every day going to work. I'd drop you off if it was feasible and it wouldn't cost you a penny - can't get much cheaper than that!!

If you're arriving between 9th and 23rd October then forget it - I'll be sunning myself in your neck of the woods at the Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista.

Homer

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: we need transportation

Double Check which airport you are going to. GLA-which is Glasgow international was a 15 pound fare from airport to Lynedoch Crescent Apartments (Dreamhouse) just North of Woodside Terrace.

However, there also is Prestwick Airport which flys in regional type planes which much farther away and costs 45 pounds for a cab.

Trains\bus service is available from the airports for varying prices dependent on which one you fly into and when you get your ticket-In person or online.

I'll try and find the links to the travel services from the airports and pass them on to you later.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: we need transportation

For Glasgow international Airport go to the following website and click on From-To Airport. Lists trains, coach, cabs, inc.

http://www.glasgowairport.com/

For Prestwick Airport go to the following website and click on

"Public Transport"

http://www.gpia.co.uk/

Have a good Trip.

florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: we need transportation

thank you so much for your help wilson.

Glasgow
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: we need transportation

Doesn't look like jetster is interested in your kind offer homer.

glasgow
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: we need transportation

Jester!

The cheapest method is to travel by bus from Glasgow International airport into the city, then by bus back to Woodside terrace.

The same will apply if landing at Prestwick airport. Basically an official taxis is a dearer option but it means you are lifted at the airport with your luggage and take right to the front door of the destination you require.

I dont think the Airprot taxis are expensive but I do think u pay for what you get?

Mr Pea - You made a comment

"But there is also a taxi rank in the Bus Station if that is too daunting which will cost approx £5 (less or more depending on time of the day)."

I do not know what you are on but to go to this area an pick a taxi without pre booking the vehicle is a criminal offence for the driver. It is illegal, and if caught the driver will be charged and it may go to court where you may be summoned to give evidence.

I'm sure any tourist that took your advice on this matter and then where stopped by the police would not look too kindly on it.

Think about it!!!

There is a reason why the Airport taxis are dearer, (even around the world). This is because the standards set are much higher and if the official airport driver do not adopt this standards then they will be sent (quite rightly), packing.

Mr Pea!

You are more than welcome to use another service if the other service is not what you require, but please do not go making statements when you do not know the full facts.

It also means tourist reading this section will think badly of Scottish people who are supplying incorrect information.

Jester whatever you do I do hope you have a fantastic time while in Bonnie Scotland

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: we need transportation

Hi Glasgow Truth. There IS an official taxi rank within Buchanan Bus Station (have used it many times), and the fare from there to Woodside Terrace, as Mr Pea says, should cost less than a fiver.

Good advice, and not sure why it has got you in such a lather.

glasgow
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: we need transportation

Sorry BearsdenTony

I thought Mr Pea was talking about another rank at Glasgow airport

soz