We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
164 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

I'm staying at the Manor Park hotel in June and it appears fairly close to Partick Station. Is is possible to catch a train at Partick that goes to Edinburgh? Will we have to change at one of the other stations? I'm trying to figure out if we would be better off just taking a taxi to the Queen Street station.

Also, it the Piping Center museum worth a stop?

Thanks for your help!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

It's a 6 minute train ride from Partick to Glasgow Queen Street. You can take a taxi if you want, but I can't think of any reason to. It'd probably take longer.

Note that at Queen Street the train from Partick arrives at the Low Level platforms while the train to Edinburgh departs from the High Level platforms.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
164 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

That sounds easy enough. Thanks!

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

When you arrive at Queen Street Low Level from Partick take the stairs to your left as you exit the train. At the top of the stairs turn left.

4. Re: Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Piping Center question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 18, 2009