We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas night at the ferry

Glasgow
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas night at the ferry

Hi all

It's my 30th birthday in a few weeks and I'm trying to think of something different to do for a birthday night out.

Sadly I'm the last of my friends to turn 30, so everything else seems to have been covered in the last year... big parties, house parties, sub-crawl, grand old opry etc.

So, one of the things I'm thinking about doing is booking everyone up for the Vegas club night at the Renfrew Ferry.

I've never been before but have been hearing great things about it recently.

What do you think? Have you been to one of these events? Do you think it would be a good option for a group of 20 or so people on a night out?

Otherwise, if you have any other ideas about what I can do for my 30th (Glasgow-based and a bit different) suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks

Laura

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas night at the ferry

I think Vegas would be a fantastic night out for your birthday - only thing I'd do is check that you can get advance tickets, last time I went the queue was pretty massive for tix.

Have a good birthday!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas night at the ferry

Went to the Vegas night on the ferry a year or so ago, and loved it! One thing I will say, is that you will really miss out if you don't get really dressed up and get into the spirit of things. You will see the wonderful and the weird when you're there, that's for sure. I am 28 and loved it and I was in a big group for a friend's birthday, for which it is totally ideal. Not sure we got advanced tickets, think we got in on the door. What I do know, is that if you're in fancy dress, you get a discounted entry (or at least, you used to).

Oh, and what's unfortunate about being the last of your friends to turn 30?! I'd be feeling positively smug! Have fun!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas night at the ferry

Thanks for both of your responses - I'm so glad that your feedback is positive as I've already told everyone that's what we're doing!

I'm really looking forward to it now - should be great fun.

My only question is re outfits - what type of thing do people wear? Is it all burlesque / charlston style for girls?

Thanks

Laura

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas night at the ferry

Actually, anything (or, in a few cases nothing - or at least, not much!) goes. They have feathered up and lingeried cabaret dancers performing, so a lot of people go very "Moulin Rouge". Then there are the inevitable Elvises. And of course all of the boys like to wear sharp pinstriped suits, with trilbys, or with big collars, a la Oceaon's Eleven.

But really, like I said, anything goes. I went in a black cocktail dress, with a sequinned bolero and a feather boa, and didn't feel out of place, but there were folk MUCH more OTT than me! From massive feathery headdresses, to skin tight leopard print. Oh, and the odd bore who hadn't bothered to dress up at all...

Whatever you wear, I hope you have an amazing time. Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

5. Re: Vegas night at the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 17, 2009