We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta, Montana
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ? i want some comments about this hotel pls.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

Doesn't look like there are any reviews for this place and I can't really tell you anything about it. Its on a fairly busy road, but the location is great if you are thinking of spending time in the West End, visiting Transport Museum, or Kelvingrove Museum or the Hunterian Museum at the University. Plenty of entertainment, bars, shopping on the doorstep.

Perhaps the Smiths will mean something to someone. There are a few reasonable looking low cost/budget hotels in the area if you look at the Hotels link on left of page. The Alamo springs to mind, but there are others. I haven't stayed in any myself though.

laur24
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

Do not stay here it is the WORST hotel i have evre stayed in. You could not feel comfortable here - the rooms are not worth spending £1 on

Glasgow
Level Contributor
241 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

My friend stays here regularly and the hotel has recently been bought by an indian consortium along with another hotel i believe.

The rooms are very very basic but the location for the west end of Glasgow is excellent. The hotel is used by mainly students and highlanders out for a drinking weekend.

Check out the Park bar close by for a traditional live music evening.

Check out the ben nevis for a huge selection of whisky.

I think there are better hotels out there.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

From what I've heard its not the best hotel in the world, but the location is fantastic. Central to both the West End of the city, with museums, bars and restaurants, not to mention the studenty Byres road, with great individual shops, and the city centre - again with fantastic high street shopping, theatre and cinema, great places to eat and an interesting selection of things to see and do.

If its location your looking for its a good bet, however, I would focus in finding a good hotel in the area with positive reviews.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

I stayed there on Friday (and will post a review when I can remember my login details).

It is certainly basic but the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and I was not kept awake all night by other guests. I did not make it up in time for breakfast so no comments there

It is not the smartest and best decorated hotel but it is cheap and very central.

It must be pointed out that my partner checked in before me and was not impressed at all. After his dire warnings (he suspected it was being used "by the hour" but I think he was grumpy I had checked us in somewhere so cheap and I did not see any sign of this at all) I was perfectly happy.

Just don't expect the Ritz!

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

DISGUSTING!! Smith's hotel is the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life!! the cleanliness of the place is not fit for a rat and the service leaves much to be desired!! NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THIS PLACE IS IT IS NOT WORTH A PENNY OF IT!! The pictures on the website are extremely misleading! I wouldn't let my dog sleep here for the night!!

7. Re: Smith's Hotel in Sauchiehall Street glasgow- anyone went ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 09, 2010