We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
192 posts
53 reviews
Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Hi dad and I are going to a couple of sessions of the Scottish open at the Emirates arena in December.

I've been looking for hotels, i've been looking for hotels, and have found citizen M to be the cheapest hotel and the nearest hotel to the Emirates arena.

Does anyone know if there's car parking at this hotel?

7 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

No Billy, no Parking dedicated to the Hotel.

Couple of Multi Storeys close by either side (Concert Square or Cambridge St) but at £2:20 per hour, there goes your savings on the Hotel!

When you say nearest do you mean the cheapest nearest!

Certainly not the nearest distance wise, in fact quite far!

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
2. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Have you thought about using the train and leaving the car at home?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

I might be jumping to conclusions here but if you're coming up from Ayr you could get a bus straight into Buchanan St bus station which is only a couple of minutes walk from the Citizen M. As printroom suggests, you can get a train from Central or Argyle St stations out to Dalmarnock which is a short walk to the Emirates.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,225 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

The citizem M is nowhere near the Emirates arena. It is out by Parkhead. If you insist on bringing a car then the nearest Premier Inn with free parking is either GLasgow South (Gorbals) or the one at cambuslang.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Ron, for future reference, although Premier Inn list that one as Cambuslang, it’s in Glasgow!

Tollcross to be precise, which is only 1 Mile straight along London Road to the Emirates.

The only loose connection to Cambuslang is that it’s about 1/2 Mile from Cambuslang Business Park, but definitely within Glasgow City Boundary.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,225 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Yep I know MS but they list it as Cambuslang/M74, J2A so if people are looking for it online that is what to search for. It is fairly near Cambuslang though.

https:/…

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?

Very loose liberal use going on there!

Yes a mile from Celtic Park, but Ibrox? You’d be better of at the Premier Inn at Braehead if that was your sole destination!

Reply to: Citizen M hotel: Is there parking available?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted