We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampden Park Ground

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hampden Park Ground

Hi Coming up to a match and wondering which is the closest good hotel to the actual ground?? Would want to park the car and just walk to and from the match... any suggestions please..Thanks

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampden Park Ground

Most good hotels are in the city centre so it is quite difficult to suggest something close to Hampden.

One would be the Ewington near Queens Park,about 20 minutes walk from the ground.Have a look at it's reviews on this site and see what you think.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampden Park Ground

Its not a "bad" area but there are not a lot of hotels within walking distance. This one looks good although I don't know it personally. Its very close to Hampden Park.

http://www.ivoryhotel.com/

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampden Park Ground

Yes,the Ivory is on the other side of Queens Park from the Ewington and it's restaurant is certainly very popular.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampden Park Ground

thanks for your quick replies - had a quick look at the hotels you recommended both look ok....thanks !! not sure if we should stay a little further away from ground or not - what do you think would be the closest REALLY NICE hotel and how far walking distance??

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampden Park Ground

What is your criteria for a really nice hotel? What's your budget? What facilities do you need?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hampden Park Ground

I live about 5 mins from Hampden - I'll hire out the sofa-bed for a small fee :-)

Would agree with the above, the hotels round Queens park are probably your best bet. The Ivory has a really nice restaurant and bar, don't know about the rooms though. The Ewington is the biggest on Queens Drive but there are one or 2 others, Parkview I think is the one closest to Hampden.

On the other side is the Kings Park hotel, about 20 mins in the other direction.

Do a search on hotels in the G42 area for a full list.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hampden Park Ground

I certainly would not use The Parkview. The clientele can be a bit rough. It is often used as the eqivalent as a homeless hostel.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,284 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hampden Park Ground

I stayed at the Ewington for the Scotland France game and it was perfectlly fine for parking and walking to the ground as well as on bus routes for get in and out of the city centre.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hampden Park Ground

Sorry, my mistake re: the Parkview.

The one I was thinking off is called the Dunkeld Hotel further along Queens Drive.

Another one to consider is the Boswell Hotel on Mansionhouse Road.

Scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hampden Park Ground

The REALLY NICE hotels are in the city centre, which is about 45 minutes walk. The train from Glasgow Central to Mount Florida (5 mins from Hampden) only takes 10 minutes but there'll be queues to get on nearer match-time!