We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap places to stay

Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap places to stay

Hello, i'm looking for a cheap place to stay in glasgow within walking distance from downtown. Are there trailer parks in glasgow? Or can you rent a caravan to drive around (and sleep in)?

Thanks

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap places to stay

This place

travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/…GlasgowCentral

is very central and only 55 pounds a night for 2. They sometimes have special internet offers. Thay were going for £10 a room over Xmas and New Year.

When are you coming over? If in the summer you might find a caravan park open. I think thats what you call a trailer park. Its probably too early in the season just now. I think they may open around Easter.

I dont think you'll find a caravan park within walking distance of the city centre, though. They tend to be in more rural areas.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap places to stay

Alternatively you could consider staying in a hostel. You should get a room for about £12 a night (depending on your dates). Have a look here

syha.org.uk/SYHA/Web/Site/Hostels/Glasgow.asp

Glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap places to stay

You could try Euro Hostel. It is on Clyde Street and the city centre will be no more than a 5 minute walk. It is close to the subway, busses and Central Station. Try www.euro-hostels.co.uk.

Mentioned in this post
Euro Hostel Glasgow
Euro Hostel Glasgow
1,388 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Clyde Hostel
Clyde Hostel
210 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
4. Re: Cheap places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 18, 2009