We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Scottish music

Which St. Andrews hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greve, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Live Scottish music

Hello

I have pursuaded my husband, my cousin and his wife to come with me to Scotland to hear Runrig on the 10th of August.

From Inverness we will drive down and stay one night around St. Andrews I think. But I would like to find a place where:

1) my cousin can listen to live scottish music on the 12th of August 2013

and where

2) my counsin's wife can see pretty villages and old streets.

Wher can I find this?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Scottish music

Hi Hanne

Certainly St. Andrews and the East Neuk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Neuk) of Fife would more than satisfy your point number 2, as this area Is crammed with quaint unspoiled fishing villages all along the Firth of Forth. You don't say where your leaving from, but if its Edinburgh, these places are virtually on the costal route back to Edinburgh.

As for the live music, you may find something here (visitfife.com/events/Fifehighlightevents2011) or others may be aware of what's on locally.

Enjoy Runrig!!

Greve, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Scottish music

Super - thank you very much.

I wil straight away look at the links.

Hope it will not rain as much on the 10th August as it did when we travel all the way to Drumnadroit to see them last time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Scottish music

take a trip to Edinburgh its the World famous festival lots of music there at that time

4. Re: Live Scottish music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 09, 2014