We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

This place looks lovely, but I can't seem to find any reviews. http://www.oldadmiraltyhouse.com/index.html

Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks, in advance --

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

Just returned from a week's stay and enjoyed the OAH very much. I agree with comments previously made. We rented both flats for our group. The upper flat is a good bit smaller than the garden flat, so plan accordingly. Also, the flats are completely separate, meaning that you have to walk outside to go from one to the other. (The website does make clear they're separate, butI was thinking there might be away of opening an inside door, etc.) Not a big deal. I much appreciated prompt responses by e-mail from the owner about the rental, including regarding a small maintenance issue while we were there. Very easy to deal with. Highly recommended!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

The fridge - what about the fridge?? Was it any bigger?

Woody x

PS Glad you enjoyed it - aren't the views and location just first class?

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

Woody, Ha! Yes, we did have to adjust to the small fridge. (And with several doctorates, masters degrees, and a law degree among us, I don't think we ever really figured out how the washer/dryer was supposed to work -- though we muddled through.) Absolutely loved the views. I am from the land-locked midwest and cannot tire of those. The location is excellent, too -- an easy daily walk to the Tesco to refill the small fridge. It turned out that one of the performance sites for my husband's conference was literally around the corner at the lovely All Saint's Episcopal Church. Thanks so much for helping us plan the trip!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

Ah yes - I know the church. I am really surprised that the owner has not seen fit to replace the fridge which is too small for two people , let alone 6. In my opinion it really spoiled what was for me a perfect place to stay. Take note DREW!

Woody x

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

This place gets 10/10 from me, such a beautiful house and GREAT location. We released Chinese lanterns outside one night for my Mums birthday so I like to think we will be linked to that place forevermore, and will hopefully be able to return one day, maybe for Mums 70th!

There are plenty of places to gather and chat together that there really is no reason to leave the place, except to stock up the tiny fridge! (it is smaller than my fridge, and I live alone!)

Can't wait to return and wish every person that visits as good a time as we had.

16. Re: Old Admiralty House -- Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 20, 2013