We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

Which St. Andrews hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

potential silly question, but is it possible to get onto the grounds to shop in the clubhouse?? Can you get pictures of the clubhouse?? Thank you!

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

you can shop to your hearts content, no problem to get into the proshop during opening hours

also - it's a 'public course' , no play on Sundays - so if you happen to be in St. Andrews on a Sunday you can walk the course, pose on the 18th green or the bridge & take as many pictures as you wish..

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

I wonder if you mean The R & A when you say The Clubhouse, Colleen - in which case I don't think you can go in without being a member? (am I right tomjunior?) but as Tom said you can shop to your hearts content in The Pro Shop. You MUST get a photo on the Swilken Bridge with the R & A in the background if you are there on a Sunday. That will impress your golfing friends back home

regards

Woody x

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

Thank you both....the proshop is what I meant, but I was having a brain freeze and couldn't think of the appropriate word!! I was supposed to leave for Glasgow on the Sunday of my trip, but I'm thinking that I will have to go later in the day.....my golf freak buddies will never let me forget that I could have walked the Old Course but chose not too!!!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

There's lots of golf shops in St Andrews. The R&A does not have a pro shop but the St Andrews Links Trust has two golf shops near the Old course. One is by the 1st tee/18th green, and there is another in the Links Clubhouse, which is by the 1st of the Jubilee and New courses.

Auchterlonie's and several other golf shops are just a short walk from the course.

It's very easy to get a picture of the R&A clubhouse, there are lots of vantage points for this, even when the course is not closed. And you don't just need to be a member or member's guest to get in the R&A clubhouse, you need to be male as well!

5. Re: Not golfing The Old Course, but would like to shop :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 22, 2010